Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and are ready to tackle a great week ahead.
I have a fun pasta recipe to share with you today. I found this recipe on Recipe.com. I was excited to use my basil plant (cheers to it still being alive)! This meal is light, has some tang and sweet zest – all perfect for summer!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 ounces dried bow tie and/or wagon wheel pasta
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Cut up your avocados.
Time for the best part – the bacon. I usually cook my bacon in a pan, but didn’t feel like getting a pan dirty – instead I microwaved my bacon according to package directions. Once bacon is cooked, cut into small pieces.
In a large bowl combine the avocados, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.
Add cooked pasta and toss to combine.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with cheese.
Avocado Basil Pasta
Head over to Receipe.com to print this full recipe!