TGWMITF. (Thank god we made it to Friday).
It’s Friday. My husband is home. We’re staying in town this weekend. Life is good.
I see a Movie marathon/homework doing/ fall orchard adventure|extravaganza in my near future. That and a lovely visit from my in-laws. I think we might take Tim’s parents to Exile, a new brewery in downtown DSM. If you haven’t been there – you should check it out. The food, drinks and atmosphere are great.
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you make it a good one.
Here’s this week’s Top 5.
1. It’s time for a cocktail. Doesn’t this look scrumptious? Excuse me bartender? I’d like to order a Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade!
Or do I want a Blackbery Meyer Lemon Gin & Tonics? (Make mine with Vodka) Eesh – it’s too hard to decide.
2. Give. The holiday season is approaching. This is such a cute gift idea – All you need to do is add a tag that says “just add ice cream”. Isn’t this darling?
3. Fall Skirts. I’m always looking for fun ways to wear skirts when the weather gets colder. I really love these warmer looks.
4. Raw talent. YouTube is making it much easier for young singers to spread their talent. Here James Alan is singing Home, originally sung by Philip Phillips.
5. Slow down. We live in a world where “busy” is just a way of life. We are always hustling and bustling – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I saw this and really took to it. Let’s all slow down just a bit and learn to enjoy the simple times.